Large Scale Business Tranformation at Leading Middle Eastern based Mobile Operator
- The leading mobile operator in the Middle East was experiencing exponential growth and struggling to manage operational challenges and stay in alignment with overall corporate strategy
- The security situation in the Middle East presents very unique logistical and financial challenges but the corporate EBITDA targets still needed to be within or better than industry standards
- Many of the mid-level management staff were extremely young and while well educated lacked the soft skills typically acquired through experience and/or exposure over a period of time.
- The outsourcing contract covered establishing and operating a Program Management Office (PMO) to support the client in an effort to crystallize its strategy into a sustainable operating portfolio of work with a pragmatic organizational structure and administrative practices.
- In addition, the contract covered the establishment of standard practices and general business education.
Utilizing standard best practices, and our unique approach to Program Management, we created a full planning and governance model, including key performance metrics and the governance body to manage to the initiatives portfolio.
We then worked with the client to create a detailed program model based on their operating guidelines and map all projects and initiatives into that model.
We provided a customized and sustainable framework for managing projects and initiatives.
In parallel we created a standard educational model that combined classroom training with OTJ training to raise the level of soft skills, especially at the mid management level.
We created a program for moving resources from the PMO into key positions in management upon successful completion of this program or upon demonstration of readiness to have a broader impact in key positions
During this period, on 3 separate ocassions, the client was in the top 10 EBITDA performing operations globally.
Within the larger corporate family, the client moved from being a low contributor to cash flow and revenue, to being the number 1 contributor to the corporate operation.
The client moved from supporting 500,000 customers to more than 10 million subs.
More than 5 key members of the client’s team are now in senior management positions within the company and having a substantial impact on performance.
Featured Case Studies
» Setting up a Department within the Ministry of Finance
» Nation-wide Market Research for a Global Drug Manufacturer